Sometimes we have to get on calls. Sometimes I don’t want to get up out of my desk, to you know close the door, so I don’t have to listen to them. So I wonder if I could make a remote door closer and I wonder if I could make it out of a toy or seat car. This is what happened. Je suis. Pardon. So this is the door that separates my office and our living room, where my boyfriend is currently working, luckily it’s pretty lightweight and I’m, not super attached to this door. So at first I thought this would be a really great Arduino project, because I had everything I had servos. I had multiple Arduino zhh and then I realized that the radiofrequency remote that I would need for this cost about 12 and I realized that a remote controlled car cost 10 donc c’est, where my motivation comes from because I’m cheating nothing special, just a 10 ro control Car takes five batteries and you’re going to need definitely command strips. I found those the easiest to use just because I don’t want to destroy my door. I don’t really want you, Sais, drill a hole through it and I got these little hooks. I actually ended up not using the big ones and the little one I used on the on the door frame. I will link all the materials used in this experiment and Ellen Amazon links, so you can order everything and what it’s pretty cool little car.
I had a fun time chasing the dog around with it. So first things. Première, I have to take apart. This is pretty easy. I just took the body off two little screws, so at first I thought I was going to be able to wrap the string around the tire thought. It was me sticky enough, but then I found that it tends to get trapped behind the tire. ainsi, instead of 3d printing a solution, I decided to superglue pennies to my wheel because I had a bag of 800 pennies. Je ne sais pas, but it worked or so I thought on every attempt. I discovered that this creation does not in fact have enough power to close the door, even though the door is super lightweight. That is not solid. Wood, puppy tacks and here is attempt number one failing because it doesn’t have enough power. So part of the problem, too was the string was slipping in between the pennies and then just breaking. So I disassembled a plastic fork to close the gaps and that did not work. So that led me to attempt number two – and this is where I had my big revelation. I took the rim off the wheel and sacrificed an old, clicky pen and glued it to the axle Music, and then I just took a couple of command strips and taped.