The truck it’s heavy, the suspension really isn’t made to handle that much weight. It would be a lot better if we had a lighter body on here. One of my problems is, i really like the sun of a digger. Wyglądać. I like the way the truck came out. I like the stance of it. The way it looks, but i do want it to perform a little better. I looked at a bunch of options from picking up one of the plastic models from walmart and getting the body, but i also wanted to keep the cost down. I looked all over the web for a 3d model of this body that i could modify for 3d. Printing and couldn’t find anything so i took my time and went through and designed one myself now: to jest, definitely not the best, because i’m brand new to this software that i had to use, but i designed it in two half. So it was easy to print and printed it up myself. I printed this in petg that way, it’ll be easier to sand than pla it’s purple, because that’s the color of the petg i had it looks like i got the scale pretty close and the details are actually quite nice. I got the grill in there the headlights and i’m thinking about actually modifying this drilling some holes and putting in some blue leds in there to finish off the look so today for a little quick video we’re going to glue these two halves together and get it Actually mounted on the truck, so this original body i had put velcro underneath you can see, i actually had to layer it to make it fit and i’m thinking.
We might have to do the same thing here and add some layers of plastic here to make it fit. I wanted to actually model that into the body, so it would print, but that was kind of hard to take dimensions on i figured it would be easier to just glue so i’m gon na set the camera up. So i can get some nicer shots and we’ll glue this together. Więc, like i said this was my very first time: Modelowania, a full body like this to 3d print, so there’s a couple things. I probably should have done differently that i didn’t do for one. You can see the little crack here this isn’t a big deal, but there definitely wasn’t enough material right here at the end of the window it’ll glue up though – and we shouldn’t really see that the other thing is, i probably should have put some kind of registration Marks in these sides that way, when i put some glue on there, i could have just lined those up push them together and held them tight. Zamiast, since i don’t have that i’m gon na actually tape it together, hopefully the seams will line up nicely, but i do still have to sand that after so, if they aren’t perfect we’ll be able to smooth them out with sanding. I am just using ca glue for this. It shouldn’t be too bad um. My plan is kind of to make a little hinge.
I guess so just like that, and now i can run a little bead of glue along the side here and put it together and then i’ll actually run some tape along the edges as well. Here i’m also going to run a bead of glue on the inside. Here and i’ll probably end up strengthening this up with some styrene strips or something with that glue set. We can now get an idea of the size of the body compared to the original. It is a little bit narrower, not too too much, but just a tad. I think the length is just about perfect, which looks like it is: the height is nice and overall body seems to fit well on the truck so i’m. Pretty happy with that overall, jak powiedziałem, i do want to strengthen this joint up a little bit. Jestem. Sure you’ve seen in past videos that the body can uh get knocked off, so i don’t want it to come into. I got a couple of these little scrap pieces of styrene here, Jestem. Just gon na go in and glue them kind of stitching the seam together. So so now to get the body mounted originally i was thinking i was gon na have to go in and add some supports here on the inside to reach this, but i actually forgot that i made these mounts adjustable, so i should be able to unscrew this And just lift it up just a tad and it should reach up to the body.
So after looking at it for a bit, i noticed something that i probably should have noticed before. I printed it but saw it now and i kind of fixed it for now. I guess the body should have been a little wider in the front here. You could actually see it a little on the old body where the front shocks rub the inside maybe a little hard to see, but it rubs some of the paint off there. So when i put it where i wanted it originally or where i thought it should go, it wouldn’t sit all the way down like it. Should i moved up this body post originally, but i moved it back down now. I spaced up the body with some styrene here and then put the velcro on. Did the same thing in the back. The velcro will probably come back off and be replaced when i paint the body, but this was just to get it mounted on and just like that. It actually fits pretty well i’m. Pretty happy with that. The back end fits well, it feels pretty tight. I can lift up the truck just from the body and it’s. Definitely a lot lighter feels more like it should now. Obviously i got a good little bit of sanding and painting to do and i need to figure out how i’m going to get these decals on the side i’m thinking about printing them myself, but i need to do a little more research on that.
This was probably a little bit of a shorter video this week. I apologize for that with the holidays. It’S been kind of crazy just getting some time today to get this body mounted, hopefully soon, you’ll see the process of sanding and painting this body and getting some decals put on and finished off, but for my first try at modeling a body for 3d printing i’m. Pretty happy with it, let me know what you think in the comments below i can’t wait to see how the truck performs with this body but i’m not going to try it out just yet. I want it painted and finished first make sure to leave a like.